[vtkusers] Why do Qt examples ignore statically linked Qt*.lib(s) and instead depend on Qt*.dll(s)?

Constantine Z mnkz at leeds.ac.uk
Sun May 9 16:49:04 EDT 2010

Hello ALL.

I've built VTK (with examples) 5.6.0 n VS 2008 with static linking.
Latest CMake, latest Qt. Linker properties page lists Qt*.lib(s) for
static linking.

However, dependency tracker shows the executables depend on Qt*.dll(s).
When I run the executables (naturally) they attempt to load Qt*.dll(s).
It works fine when Qt*.dll(s) directory is in system path.

Can someone please clarify why do we need Qt*.dll(s) when an executable
is built with static Qt*.lib(s)?

Regards,
Constantine