[vtkusers] Converting a Structured Points File to an Unstructured Points/Grid File

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri May 7 16:22:30 EDT 2010

Hey Theodore,

One quick way might be to send the output of the reader right into a vtkThreshold filter (that is set with a threshold range which will pass all of your data). I've never tried it with a vtkStructuredPoints, but it works well for vtkImageData, and I think it should work in your case.

There are test code samples linked off of the Doxygen page:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkThreshold.html

Or, there is at least this one (and maybe more) on the VTK examples Wiki:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/ThresholdingCells

(There's also a vtkThresholdPoints filter that outputs vtkPolyData)

-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group