[vtkusers] QVTKWidget

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Wed May 5 16:49:47 EDT 2010

On Wednesday, May 05, 2010 02:05:09 pm Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao wrote:
> yes, I know that QVTKRenderWindowInteractor is not the wrapper of
> QVTKWidget, why direct wrapping isn't possible?

It should be possible, but it may require writing some code by hand (or
teaching a wrapper generator) because the VTK and PyQt wrappings are not
compatible.  This is on my todo list.

> PS: can U send me some code of QVTKRenderWindowInteractor working with
> a QTabWidget or QMDIArea without flickering or reparenting issues?

Reparenting is currently not supported with QVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py, but
I think it can be worked around by giving it a parent QWidget, and doing the
reparenting on the parent.

Clint