[vtkusers] vtkFFMPEGWriter in windows..

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed May 5 07:41:44 EDT 2010

You can pull code from the test for the ffmpeg writer (or the other
movie writers) to fill in that example.

About compatibility, try the (ancient) version of ffmpeg that is
available on the vtk get additional components page
(http://www.vtk.org/VTK/resources/software.html#addons).

Then note that we recently made a change to VTK to make it possible to
use more recent versions of ffmpeg. Unfortunately the ffmpeg
developers even more recently made another API change that broke our
compatibility once more.

Finally, note that thanks to Michael Wild, vtk now includes the ogg
library, which is a good alternative to ffmpeg since it is patent
clean and thus more available from vtk's perspective.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive