[vtkusers] Create an approximate cross-section of a RT ROI

Scott Johnson Scott.Johnson at neuwave.com
Tue May 4 10:12:33 EDT 2010

Hello Xiaofeng,

I've been working on something similar, but am not quite there yet.  I
can get you started.

The general idea is that you will need to create a polygonal shape from
the contours in the RT structure set, then create a vtkPlane which
represents the plane you wish to cut.  You can then create a pipeline
which looks something like:

vtkCutter -> vtkPolyDataMapper -> vtkActor

Set the properties of the actor to have EdgeVisibilityOn and an
EdgeColor or the cut shape will not be visible.  The actor will show a
cross section of the ROI intersected with the plane.

The issue I'm having is properly displaying the vtkActor with the
images.  I've extended beyond axial sagittal and coronal and I seem to
be missing something in the coordinate conversions.

Good luck.

                                -- Scott