[vtkusers] How to use built vtk with python

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Mon Mar 29 10:19:20 EDT 2010

On 29 March 2010 16:13, Eric E. Monson <emonson at cs.duke.edu> wrote:
> Is there someone who uses VTK and Python on Windows who could summarize the
> necessary PATH and PYTHONPATH settings (and anything else required)?
> Right now the Unix settings are up on the Tutorials Wiki that David Doria
> sent the link to, but if you search around for the Windows version it's a
> little hard to piece it together from a lot of old postings (and I only have
> experience on Linux and Mac).

My binaries page has a short explanation at the end:
http://cpbotha.net/2009/08/13/python-2-6-enabled-vtk-5-4-windows-binaries/

You need to add VTK\bin to the PATH, and VTK\bin;VTK\lib\site-packages
to the PYTHONPATH.

Clever people use the DRE, this sets everything up for you:
http://code.google.com/p/devide/wiki/HelpDRE :)