[vtkusers] octree visualization example

Anders Wallin anders.e.e.wallin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 14:03:44 EDT 2010

Hi group, David,

Here's the kind of thing I want to do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38LdfiMTVw0

here I have created my own octree data-structure, and "by hand" I am
drawing each of the lines for each of the cubes with a vtkLineSource.
This becomes quite slow when there are 10 000 or more cubes(80 000
lines!).
I was wondering if there already are objects in VTK for doing this
faster/better?
At some point I am going to be interested only in the surface of my
object, i.e. the border between the red cubes and the grey ones in the
video. I know there are graph-algorithms for extracting these out
there, but are there any in VTK?

thanks,
Anders