[vtkusers] difficulty in finding cell..??

zwd945 at 126.com zwd945 at 126.com
Sat Mar 27 17:32:57 EDT 2010

Hi, I want to stop get email from VTKUSUER to this emailaddress,how can i do?After that I will select another address to get information. Thanks, John

在2010-03-28 05:23:24,"David Doria" <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com> 写道:

Hi,

I have an unstructured grid, containing several cells... Now, using a point id, is there any way to find out, in which cell that point resides..??

Thanks

Regards
Rakesh Patil

This is clearly not efficient, but you could loop through all the cells and test if the point is inside each of them using this:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/PointInsideObject

Thanks,

David