[vtkusers] stream tracer / stream lines

Sebastian Gatzka sebastian.gatzka at stud.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Mar 26 06:30:03 EDT 2010

Nope, it's not working with my data.

I really need this to work: *Vector Data is on structured grid cell
centers!!!*

vtkStructuredGrid *sGrid = vtkStructuredGrid::New();

(...)

vtkCellCenters *gridCellCenters = vtkCellCenters::New();
gridCellCenters->SetInput(sGrid);

Vector Data is on the structured grid cell centers:

sGrid->GetCellData()->SetVectors(v);

(...)

vtkStreamLine *streamer = vtkStreamLine::New();
_/streamer->SetInputConnection(gridCellCenters->GetOutputPort());/_
streamer->SetStartPosition(1,1,1);
streamer->SetMaximumPropagationTime(200);
streamer->SetIntegrationStepLength(.2);
streamer->SetStepLength(.001);
streamer->SetNumberOfThreads(1);
streamer->SetIntegrationDirectionToForward();
streamer->VorticityOn();

vtkPolyDataMapper *streamMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
streamMapper->SetInputConnection(streamer->GetOutputPort());

vtkActor *streamActor = vtkActor::New();
streamActor->SetMapper(streamMapper);
streamActor->VisibilityOn();

(...)

ren1->AddActor(streamActor);

Nothing is displayed.

*How can I manage to input my data to the vtkStreamLine?!?*