[vtkusers] Combining resliced images and polygons

Scott Johnson Scott.Johnson at neuwave.com
Thu Mar 25 18:14:38 EDT 2010

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a pointer.

I'm trying to display a resliced image, either axial, coronal, or
sagital and then display a contour representing the same plane cutting
through a polygonal shape.  In my current example I have created a
sphere which intersects some of the image slices.  As I scroll through
the slices I expect to see circles where the slice intersects the
sphere.

Right now I have created a SphereSource -> ClipPolyData ->
PolyDataMapper -> Actor.  The ClipPolyData has a plane as the clip
function.

For the images I have ImageReslice -> ImageMapToWindowLevelColors ->
ImageActor

Both of these actors are connected to a Renderer and added to a
RenderWindow.

What I get is a slice and half of a sphere floating over it.  I can't
get the circle to be reflected on the image.  I've also tried to use an
ImageViewer2 for the display to no avail.

My original plan was to sync the plane definitions in the ImageReslice
and the clipping plane, but I can't get past this point.

This seems much more difficult than it needs to be.  Is there a simpler
way?

Thanks

                                -- Scott