[vtkusers] 3D-position of vtkImageReslice

Henning Meyer tutmann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 16:09:57 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm building an application based on ImageProcessing/Cxx/ImageSlicing.cxx.
Currently I'm on my way of writing my own interactor style in order to
have more flexible interaction freedom.

Rotation, windowing and zoom works fine - but now I want to move my
Volume by dragging the mouse. The movement should be in sync with the
mouse motion.
Therefore I'd like to find out the real 3D-Position (in the volume) of
the EventPosition and the LastEventPosition.
But I don't know how to do that. The Display chain is like:

vtkImageData -> vtkImageReslice -> vtkImageMapToColors ->
vtkImageActor -> vtkRenderer -> vtkViewPort

How can I find out the amount of translation that has to be applied to
the ResliceAxes-Matrix? (I already have the right direction - am just
missing the scaling value of the translation).

Thank you for your help!

Henning