[vtkusers] VTK and Java Wrappers

Denis Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 06:24:37 EDT 2010

On 2010/3/23 Jeff Baumes wrote:
> I have a patch resolving some of the issues raised, shown below with
> the commit message. Are there any objections to using features from
> Java 1.5 (the patch includes features from 1.5)?
[...]

No, some parts of VTK already uses features from Java 1.5, see
  http://bugs.debian.org/558716

> http://github.com/jeffbaumes/VTK/commit/5418afd7b6430ded86f0c8746673ed19612b9a8b
[...]

Could you please also publish your repository at gitorious.org?  I am
unable to clone from github:
  barbier at foobar:~/tmp$ git clone git://github.com/jeffbaumes/VTK.git
  Initialized empty Git repository in /home/barbier/tmp/VTK/.git/
but git://github.com/Kitware/VTK.git works just fine.

In the past, I often had trouble with github (mostly due to our
company firewall); for instance, http://support.github.com/ shows that
cloning via HTTP is currently broken.

Denis