[vtkusers] Boolean Operation on two (cube) objects

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Tue Mar 23 16:01:47 EDT 2010

On 19/02/10 11:32:00, Sebastian Gatzka wrote:
> Hello again.
>
> Does anybody know how I can do boolean operations on two (cube) objects?
> I want to substract two cubes from one another.
> I have read some scripts about this topic so far, but they were far too
> advanced for my understanding.
> Can anybody give me the basic idea how this can be done?

This might help You:

http://www.bioengineering-research.com/vtk/vtkCollisionDetectionFilter.htm

It  is  closely  connected  to  boolean  operations.  But  it  would need some
upgrading since SetNumberOfCellsPerBucket is not available any more.

If You're not bound to vtk You should try the megabool plugin with blender.

Hope this helps.
Lynx