[vtkusers] How to extract vtkImageData from vtkDICOMImageReader

Paweł~~Łubniewski lubniewski at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 07:41:30 EDT 2010

Dear Xiaofeng,
If you want to break the pipeline, you'd better create a _shallow_, not deep
copy of the output. It prevents from creating a new physical copy of the
image.
Snippet:
//...
dicomReader->Update();
vtkImageData* output = vtkImageData::New();
output->ShallowCopy(dicomReader->GetOutput() );
dicomReader->Delete();
//...

Dear Prashanth,
Functions Register() and Unregister() are intended to object internal use,
if you don't have to, don't use them.

Regards,
Pawel~
Paweł~~Łubniewski