[vtkusers] How to transfer vtkPoints

kenichiro yoshimi rccm.kyoshimi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 14:49:41 EDT 2010

Hi All,

(Sorry for my broken English....)
I read the Fluent files with vtkFLUENTReader, but the reader imports cells only.
Unfortunately I need fluids and boundaries, I have to load face zones too.
After some changes of this writer, I can load both of them, but I
don't know how to
transfer a vtkPoints instance from vtkUnstructuredGrid to vtkMultiBlockDataSet.
Now, I use the original way vtkFLUENTReader employs.

I'm not sure whether I may assign points which an input
vtkUnstructuredGrid holds
to blocks within an output vtkMultiblockDataSet directly. This implies that
there exist not used points in each block. Can anyone please help with this?

vtkPoints *Points;
vtkMultiBlockDataSet *output;
Points->InsertPoint(i-1, x, y, z);       <-----coordinates imported
from Fluent cas file