[vtkusers] How to create a color vtkImageData?

Андрей Глухов realandron at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 10:50:47 EDT 2010

If I set SetNumberOfScalarComponents (3) and fills the array with
vtkMath.Random a color image is displayed,but if I substituted specific
values, the image is displayed in grayscale. How to create an array?
//code
            vtkImageData vol = new vtkImageData();
            vol.SetDimensions(512, 512, 1);
            vol.SetSpacing(10, 10, 10);
            vol.SetOrigin(0, 0, 0);
            vol.AllocateScalars();
            vol.SetNumberOfScalarComponents(3);

            vtkFloatArray scalars = new vtkFloatArray();
            for (int i = 0; i < 512; i++)
            {
                for (int j = 0; j < 512; j++)
                {
                        scalars.InsertTuple1(i * 512 + j,vtkMath.Random(0,
2000));//Why grayscale with my values??
                }
            }

            vol.GetPointData().SetScalars(scalars);
            vol.Update();

            vtkImageViewer viewer = new vtkImageViewer();
            viewer.SetInput(vol);
            viewer.SetSize(512, 512);
            viewer.Render();
--