[vtkusers] How to delete points and cells(2)

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 18:55:26 EDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Bill Chivas <noo134 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I tried to use vtkConnectivityFilter, but i didn't get what i want.
> Could someone please post a simple use of this filter in order to delete a
> cell in a mesh?

This is the only thing I could come up with:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/DeletePoint

Of course this would break your topology, you could recreate. After
you remove 1 point, you'd have to go through all the cells and if they
use points that are higher than the index that was removed, recreate
the cell with those indices - 1.

This is clearly a really terrible method, but I guess you could use it
until someone offers up a better idea?

This question has been asked many times, if someone who is good at
memory efficiency could add a vtkDeletePoint and vtkDeleteCell filter
that would be great.

Thanks,

David