[vtkusers] Traversing through Image with x,y,z coordinates

Christian Werner christian.werner at rwth-aachen.de
Fri Mar 19 15:58:06 EDT 2010

Hello!

I am about to build a nice BinaryRemoveRegions filter that will scrap
away groups of pixels that are below/above a certain size. I took the
vtkMedian Filter as a template and cropped it down to the most basic
code which traverses through the image in X-Y-Z order. There I wanted to
check if everything goes fine by simple copying the input image to the
output image. Unfortunately, the pointers to the InData are corrupt. You
can see the result of the copying attached.

It is pretty sure that the inData pointers are corrupt, and not the
outData pointers since I managed to draw pixels every Xth row/column
with correct results. I have attached the code.

Could somebody give me a hint of what is causing this malfunction? Note
that the actual x/y/z coordinates are crucial for my algorithm, because
I have to check for neighboring pixels in all directions.

Best regards,
Christian