[vtkusers] Different alpha values for scalars

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Fri Mar 19 09:01:32 EDT 2010

In fact if you build your own lookuptable, and you put your own color in it,
you are able to put color with alpha. I do not remember exactly the method
names. But then the alpha transition might be smoother than the one you
want.
For your example you can fill your lut with 4 color and set properly the lut
scalar range to behave as closely as you are expecting.

- blue+aplha=0.3
- green+aplha=0.7
- yellow+aplha=0.7
- red+alpha=1