[vtkusers] how to read blowAttr.vtk in Paraview?

이정규 glazex2 at naver.com
Thu Mar 18 10:44:48 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I've used Paraview 3.6.2 for reading legacy .VTK files so far. I've found
some sample files from
vtkdata-5.2.1.zip<http://www.vtk.org/files/release/5.2/vtkdata-5.2.1.zip>
 of http://www.vtk.org/VTK/resources/software.html#latest and trying to load
one by one. Most of files got successfully loaded and rendered except
"blowAttr.vtk". Paraview gave me a popup window titled "Open Data With..."
and said "A reader for ................\blowAttr.vtk could not be found.
Please choose one :". There were many choices such as "Protein Data Bank
Files", "PLOT3D Files", "Digital Elevation Map Files" and so on. I tried all
of them and the only thing hat rendered something is "VTK Particle Files".
But the result was just a set of points being rendered without any
human-recognizable shape or meaning. Have anyone tried this or encountered
similar situation? I've looked at the file and it says file type is FIELD.
So my question would be more specifically, how to render FIELD data and what
should I choose from Paraview to render it?

Thanks,
--
Jeonggyu Lee