[vtkusers] VTK and OpenHaptics from Sensable

이정규 glazex2 at naver.com
Tue Mar 16 20:34:55 EDT 2010

It won't be that hard to do. From my experience, I suggest you start from
one of examples that are already in OpenHaptics Toolkit.They have some
built-in mass-spring system and so on. From there, you can figure out how
they render things in two pass(one for opengl and another one for haptic
rendering). I've done this by writing my own .VTK importer but once you can
extract necessary information such as coordinates of vertices in your model,
you simply feed them into existing framework.

Sorry for not being much help but this is all that I know.
I am not sure if I've posted much information on this, but some materials
might be found in my old web-site.
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~glaze/BMED8901/

<http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~glaze/BMED8901/>thanks,

--