[vtkusers] vtkJPEGWriter not writing file

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 15:32:37 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would guess that not all scalar types are supported by the writer.
> But it should warn.
>
> What is the scalar type?

The problem was (as you taught me once before) that I had to add:

output->SetUpdateExtent(output->GetExtent());
output->SetWholeExtent(output->GetExtent());

to the output image in my filter (a subclass of vtkImageAlgorithm).
Once I did this, the writer wrote the file.

I guess this is by design? It seems like this should not need to be
done explicitly.

Could we at least make the writer warn something like "There is update
extent is zero hence nothing will be written" instead of just doing
nothing with no message?

Thanks,

David