[vtkusers] 2d slice of 3d array

Ryan Murray rymurr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 12:15:10 EDT 2010

Hi all,
I am trying to do something which I think should be straightforward.
I have a vtk image file which holds a large 3d array on a structured
rectilinear grid
The only part of the vtk file I want is a 2d slice in the x,y plane.
The problem is that the slice I want is not necessarily at a grid point and
the
grid I want to output is not necessarily on the same grid as the vtk file.

I have been able to successfully use vtkExtractVOI to extract a plane on teh
grid defined in the vtk file and obviously read in the vtk file
I really have no idea how to move the plane between z grid points or how to
resample the extracted grid

I would appreciate any suggestions
Thanks