[vtkusers] how to read UNSTRUCTURED_GRID?

이정규 glazex2 at naver.com
Mon Mar 15 11:19:46 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to parse a .VTK file with UNSTRUCTURED_GRID but this just have
data of points.
I've looked for more information for this but all I found is

The Visualization Toolkit supports five different dataset formats:
> structured points, structured grid, rectilinear

grid, unstructured grid, and polygonal data. Data with implicit topology
> (structured data such as vtkImageData and

vtkStructuredGrid) are ordered with x increasing fastest, then y, then z.
> These formats are as follows.

So I guess somehow I have to infer the topology from these points. I've
tried Paraview and it renders it as a set of rectangles(I've tired to render
surface with wireframes and so on)..
I see some hint there that points are ordered with x-ascending order, but
how the index is consists up is not mentioned in any documents.....
Anybody done this before? or have more information for this?

PS : If you are someone at Kitware, would you please, please direct me to
the right information?????

--
Jeonggyu Lee