[vtkusers] KeyPress Events / Callbacks / User Interaction

Sebastian Gatzka sebastian.gatzka at stud.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Mar 15 08:57:41 EDT 2010

Somthing like this? I'm not getting it ...

class KeyPressInteractorStyle : public vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera
{
   public:
     static KeyPressInteractorStyle* New();

vtkImplicitPlaneWidget2 *planeWidget;

     virtual void OnKeyPress()
     {
       //get the keypress
       vtkRenderWindowInteractor *rwi = this->Interactor;
       std::string key = rwi->GetKeySym();

       if (key.compare("p") == 0)
       {
           vtkImplicitPlaneRepresentation* rep =
*planeWidget*->GetRepresentation();

           rep->SetNormal(1,0,0);
           planeWidget->SetRepresentation(rep);
       }

       //handle an arrow key
       if(key.compare("Up") == 0)
         {
         cout << "The up arrow was pressed." << endl;
         }

       // forward events
       vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera::OnKeyPress();
     }

};

*This leads to problems: The planeWidget inside the {}-brackets is unknown.*