[vtkusers] Show vtkQtLineChartView in Qt

Martijn Steenwijk martijnsteenwijk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 07:52:18 EDT 2010

Dear all,

Suppose I have a vtkTable 'table' filled with data, which i want to
visualize in within a linechart in a qt application, then my code is:

vtkQtLineChartView *ChartView = vtkQtLineChartView::New();

ChartView->SetupDefaultInteractor();

ChartView->SetTitle("Test");

ChartView->AddRepresentationFromInput(table);

If I now call 'ChartView->Show()', the data is nicely plotted in a separate
window. When I try to integrate the view in my Qt application,  like the way
it's done with the vtkGraphLayoutView in
\Examples\InfoVis\Cxx\EasyView\EasyView.cxx, I would expect that I would
need something like a QVTKWidget or vtkQtchartWidget in order to integrate
the renderer in my Qt application, but, I'm not getting both options to
work. Could anyone give me a hint to solve this?

Best,

Martijn

---

Martijn Steenwijk