[vtkusers] How to show a 3D scalar dataset on a polygon?

AGPX agpxnet at yahoo.it
Sun Mar 14 06:21:22 EDT 2010

Hi,

thanks for reply. What I need is to show the scalar field using colors (through a lookup table) on a polygonal surface. If I'm not wrong with vtkGlyph3D you cannot achieve this, am I right? Somebody have tried to extend vtkOpenGLTexture class to support 3D texture? Any hints on how I can do it? Alternatively I can render this polygonal surfaces using OpenGL directly.... I can mix vtk rendering with direct OpenGL commands?

Thanks,

- AGPX