[vtkusers] VTK_PENTAGONAL_PRISM and VTK_HEXAGONAL_PRISM

이정규 glazex2 at naver.com
Fri Mar 12 17:53:51 EST 2010

Hi all,

Please kindly disregard my posting titled "[vtkusers] VTK_PENTAGONAL_PRISM
and VTK_HEXAGONAL_PRISM".
I just figured it out.

For example, for the VTK_PENTAGONAL_PRISM it goes like the
following(assuming counter-clockwise orientation)
face1 : 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
face2 : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
face3 : 0, 1, 6, 5
face4 : 1, 2, 7, 6
face5 : 8, 7, 2, 3
face6 : 4, 0, 5, 9
face7 : 4, 3, 8, 9

So I think there is some kind of convention in VTK that larger(in terms of #
of vertices) polygons are listed as just lexicographical order, and for
others, we have to figure it out. If we are to triangulate them, it won't be
that hard if we follow this convention..

Anyway,  I appreciate your help!

--
Jeonggyu Lee