[vtkusers] VTK_PENTAGONAL_PRISM and VTK_HEXAGONAL_PRISM

이정규 glazex2 at naver.com
Fri Mar 12 12:26:43 EST 2010

Hi all,

I am working with a VTK file that contains those VTK_PENTAGONAL_PRISM and
VTK_HEXAGONAL_PRISM.
VTK_PENTAGONAL_PRISM have 10 vertices and VTK_HEXAGONAL_PRISM have 12
vertices. My question is, how to arrange them?
More specifically, how do I arrange p={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9} which is
VTK_PENTAGONAL_PRISM into a set of triangles?(or mixture of polygons)
Since they are 10 vertices, I've tried with some naive combinations such as
top faces to be {0,....,4} and bottom face to be {5,...,9} and make up
sides(quads) but it looked wrong....
Is there any documentation or book that states how it works in VTK in
detail??

Please let me know.

-- Jeonggyu Lee