[vtkusers] Information during callback / vtkImplicitPlaneWidget2

Sebastian Gatzka sebastian.gatzka at stud.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Mar 12 06:56:22 EST 2010

Ok. Maybe you want can help me if you see something like this:

// Callback for the interaction
// This does the actual work: updates the vtkPlane implicit function.
// This in turn causes the pipeline to update and clip the object.
class vtkIPWCallback : public vtkCommand
{
public:
   static vtkIPWCallback *New()
     { return new vtkIPWCallback; }
   virtual void Execute(vtkObject *caller, unsigned long, void*)
     {
     vtkImplicitPlaneWidget2 *planeWidget =
       reinterpret_cast<vtkImplicitPlaneWidget2*>(caller);
     vtkImplicitPlaneRepresentation *rep =

reinterpret_cast<vtkImplicitPlaneRepresentation*>(planeWidget->GetRepresentation());
     rep->GetPlane(this->Plane);
     TextActor->SetInput("Test");
     vtkTextActor *ta =
reinterpret_cast<vtkTextActor*>(TextActor->GetInput());
     ta->SetInput("Test 111111");
     //TextActor->GetInput(this->TextActor);
     }

   vtkIPWCallback():Plane(0),Actor(0),TextActor(0) {}

   vtkPlane *Plane;
   vtkActor *Actor;
   vtkTextActor *TextActor;
  };

I have no idea what I was doing. As a matter of fact the textActor
didn't change.