[vtkusers] Help Using vtkPolygonalHandleRepresentation3D for Transform application

Anant Vemuri ajar108 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 23:17:52 EST 2010

Hi,

I am using vtkPolygonalHandleRepresentation3D to control position of a model
I created. I am trying to apply a transformation matrix to it to make it
move in a predefined way. For doing this I have a bunch of vtkTransforms.
At first, (before using vtkPolygonalHandleRepresentation3D) I applied the
transform through the Actor using myActor->SetUserTransform( myvtkTransform
)

But since I also wanted to create an interaction with the object, I put it
inside a vtkPolygonalHandleRepresentation3D by deriving a class called
myObjectRepresentation from vtkPolygonalHandleRepresentation3D. But now I am
no longer able to apply the transform to the object properly.
Since vtkPolygonalHandleRepresentation3D has a member variable called Actor,
I created a function

void myObjectRepresentation::SetTransform( vtkTransform *_trf )
{
this->Actor->SetUserTransform( _trf );
}

This does the trick, but after I apply the trasnform I am not able to
interact with the object properly. It moves in some random direction when I
try to move it.

Can someone help me out. I can provide more details on request.

Thank you.