[vtkusers] Image Data

Fabian, Nathan ndfabia at sandia.gov
Wed Mar 10 16:17:16 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to construct a vtkImageData in parallel to put into a
coprocessing pipeline.

I create using the following:

SetOrigin(0,0,0)
SetSpacing(.1,.1,0)
SetExtent(0,xmax,ystart(myproc),ystop(myproc),0,0)

and one scalar

GetNumberOfPoints()/Cells() come back correct, but if I output it to
XMLPImageDataWriter I get weird complaints from ParaView when loading it
about the extents (it's on 2 processors where the image is split in the y
direction) and if I try to DeepCopy it before outputting into a
vtkUnstructuredGrid that one comes back with 0 points and cells.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Nathan.