[vtkusers] vtkAngleRepresentation3D::GetPoint1WorldPosition

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 11:22:57 EST 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Ocean  Spring <meancity at gmail.com> wrote:

Dear all,

> i am confused at the GetPoint1WorldPosition and GetPoint1DisplayPosition
>
> can someone enlighten me the difference btw world position and display
> position. under what circumstance, they play different roles?
>
> thank you
>
> regards
>
> O.S

In the documentation of vtkCoordinate (
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkCoordinate.html), there are some
brief explanations:

  DISPLAY -             x-y pixel values in window
  NORMALIZED DISPLAY -  x-y (0,1) normalized values
  VIEWPORT -            x-y pixel values in viewport
  NORMALIZED VIEWPORT - x-y (0,1) normalized value in viewport
  VIEW -                x-y-z (-1,1) values in camera coordinates. (z is depth)
  WORLD -               x-y-z global coordinate values
  USERDEFINED -         x-y-z in User defined space

Thanks,

David