[vtkusers] vtkSplineFilter subdivide line problem..

Rakesh Patil rakeshthp at in.com
Tue Mar 9 03:32:19 EST 2010

Hello,I have a polyline, say with n number of points. And if i want to say redistribute the number of points on this polyline, in such a way that the distance between each point is equal to 'dist'.I used vtkSplineFilter for this.. But using this spline filter, the curves become very smooth and points at the end points and at curves are placed very near compared to the part where the line is straight. I mean at end points of line, the points are placed densely.. Any idea, why is this type of output..?? I guessed that the calculation is being done in 3D coordinates, resulting in such behaviour.. And my application is in 2D.. How can i accurately get equally spaced points on a line..??Thanks in advanceRegardsRakesh PatilDear vtkusers ! Get Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!