[vtkusers] vtkPointPicker / vtkGlyph3D problem

Allan James ar.james at qut.edu.au
Sun Mar 7 20:53:16 EST 2010

Hi all,

I have an issue with code that is using vtkPointPicker to pick points displayed using vtkGlyph3D.

Now I have the picking working great for most of the glyphs - using vtkGlyph3D->GeneratePointIdsOn(); and I am able to select glyphs and display a sphere at the selected glyph location.

My problem is that while this works perfectly 99% of the time - there are certain glyphs that are either very difficult to pick (sometimes impossible it seems) or I have to click about 20 pixels or so above or next to the glyph for the pick to work. Has anyone seen this issue and/or can suggest a fix?

Why would picking work perfectly for most glyphs but not for some others - when all of the glyphs are generated from the same simple pointset using the same vtkGlyph3D filter?

Any help would be muchly appreciated - thanks

Allan James
High Performance Computing & Research Support
Queensland University of Technology
(07) 3138 9264
ar.james at qut.edu.au<mailto:ar.james at qut.edu.au>
http://www.qut.edu.au/its/hpc