[vtkusers] Image blending using a lookup table

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 08:27:57 EST 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 8:14 AM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:

> The thin-plate spline example looks like it came from
> VTK/Hybrid/Testing/Tcl/TestThinPlateWarp.tcl.
> That means that I was the original author, and the Tcl
> version is in the public domain like most VTK tests.
>
>   David G

Tim,

Thanks for your addition! A few comments (I already fixed them) in case you
decide to contribute more in the future.

1) The VTK style mandates you use 2 spaces instead of a "tab" character.
2) The VTK style mandates that your lines are not more than 80 characters -
basically what this means is you should break smartpointer declarations:
vtkSmartPointer<vtkDataSetMapper> imgDataSetMapper =
  vtkSmartPointer<vtkDataSetMapper>::New();

instead of

vtkSmartPointer<vtkDataSetMapper> imgDataSetMapper =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkDataSetMapper>::New();

3) There is a cmake syntax highlighting package installed on the wiki:
 <source lang="cmake">
instead of
<source lang="text">

4) Feel free to place credit where credit is due (I added a "Contributed by:
" to the top of the page

5) I like to indicate the main class that is being demonstrated near the
link from the Examples page for searchability purposes:
* [[VTK/Examples/Blending2DImagesWithDifferentColorMaps|Blending 2D images
with different color maps]] - vtkImageMapToColors

Anka, thanks for translating this ; I added the ThinPlateSplineTransform
example here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/ThinPlateSplineTransform

Thanks,

David D.