[vtkusers] QVTKWidget + Qt Creator/ Qt Designer question

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Wed Mar 3 08:28:04 EST 2010

Hey Prashanth,

You should also be able to add a QVTKWidget directly within Qt Designer.

Since you have built VTK with those QT options, it should have generated a library file called libQVTKWidgetPlugin... If you place a copy of this in the [QTinstallDir]/plugins/designer/ directory, the QVTKWidget should show up at the bottom of the Widget Box (that list of widgets panel on the left in Designer). There should also be a CMake option called VTK_INSTALL_QT_PLUGIN_DIR in which you can place that .../plugins/designer directory path and the widget plugin library file should be placed in the right spot automatically.

Good luck,
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group