[vtkusers] vtkImageData::SetOrigin didn't take effect

王君臣 wangjunchen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 22:05:45 EST 2010

thanks Mathieu, David and Michael

I tried vtkImageChangeInformation class and succeeded! thanks for your help.

So, now I am trying to conclude this by my understanding:

the ops in the vtkImageData are for the processing in the pipeline update,
therefore you can only change the data by using filters ? the idea for this
is to maintain the consistence of the pipeline (keep the data intact)

am i right? I also want to know the underlying mechanism to ensure this (how
to make ops invalid outside the pipeline update).

But in some cases we can also change the instance of vtkImageData by using
setorigin method or some other ops outside the pipeline update, how to
explain this?

Thanks for your attentions.

2010/3/3 David Doria <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com <daviddoria%2Bvtk at gmail.com>>

>> No. This is just pure luck.
>> The OP refer to an issue occuring during a pipeline (re)update (AFAIK).
>>
>> In this case one should use the appropriate class for that:
>> http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkImageChangeInformation.html
>>
>> HTH
>> --
>> Mathieu
>>

> Here is an example of how to use vtkImageChangeInformation:
>
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/CenterAnImage
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ