[vtkusers] wx python scripts segfault

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Mon Mar 1 10:47:31 EST 2010

On 1 March 2010 14:02, David Doria <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I just checked your backtrace again at
>> http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/wxPython/bt.txt - it's crashing via the
>> vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow somewhere in X itself.
>>
>> It's obvious the different sequence of calls in
>> wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor vs wxVTKRenderWindow is making it crash.
>> However, here it's not crashing on the same OS, although I probably
>> have a complete different software stack (the DRE is self-contained).
>>
>> What versions of VTK and of wx did you have?
>
> I have wx 2.8 (built from source) and the latest CVS version of VTK.

I will have to build VTK CVS to be able to test this (I currently have
5.4.2 on all platforms).  Hopefully I can reproduce the crash, in
which case I have a better chance of being able to diagnose it.  I'm
currently swamped, so this is not going to happen very soon.

Please continue with your own debugging in the meanwhile.  First thing
you could try, is to modify the attribList to contain only
wx.glcanvas.WX_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER bringing it more in linux with
wxVTKRenderWindow.

Good luck,
Charl