[vtkusers] wx python scripts segfault

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Mon Mar 1 03:16:11 EST 2010

On 1 March 2010 01:27, David Doria <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com> wrote:
> After building, ldd libvtkRendering.so says it is using libGL.so.1
> I checked and that is a symlink to libGL.so.190.53, so this seems correct so
> far.
> Running
> python wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py
> still segfaults.
> I just tried to build osmesa7.7 from source but it failed (grrrr more
> problems..). Do you think trying a new osmesa is a reasonable next step?

I just checked your backtrace again at
http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/wxPython/bt.txt - it's crashing via the
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow somewhere in X itself.

It's obvious the different sequence of calls in
wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor vs wxVTKRenderWindow is making it crash.
However, here it's not crashing on the same OS, although I probably
have a complete different software stack (the DRE is self-contained).

What versions of VTK and of wx did you have?