[vtkusers] Volume Rendering (vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D)

Yi.Chen yi at sccn.ucsd.edu
Mon Jun 28 19:51:36 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I want to do volume rendering with VTK. I'm now a little confused about the relationship between the volume property and the mapper. My input data is a RGBA dataset so I want to use the Mapper to map those scalars to colors without through the color and opacity function. But for the volume property, I have to set up these two functions. Can anyone tell me what's the relationship between the volume property and the mapper?  Or I can't do it this way?

Thanks,
Yi