[vtkusers] Using vtkSplineWidget with vtkImageData

Prathamesh Kulkarni prathameshmkulkarni at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 17:13:54 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I am new to VTK. My goal is to annotate vtkImageData with a points and
also show a spline/curve connecting those points. I am trying to use
vtkSplineWidget for this. However, here are some of the issues that I
am facing:

1. When I drag the spline on to the image, a part of it goes "behind"
the image. If I reduce the opacity of the vtkImageActor, I can see the
contour. However, what I want is to have the spline overlayed on the
image.

2. Next I want to extract the image coordinates (is this same as world
coordinates? ;-) ) corresponding to the nodes and also the parameters
of the 2D spline.

3. I also wish to add more nodes to the spline at run time. I did not
find this facility/ behavior with vtkSplineWidget.

Could someone please tell me if I am proceeding in the right
direction? Should I use vtkContourWidget instead? or anything else?

Any help will be appreciated.

Prathamesh