[vtkusers] VTK installation in osX

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Thu Jun 24 22:05:56 EDT 2010

Hey Akemi,

(Please respond to the whole list so everyone can contribute.)

First, what "didn't work" about the x86_64 architecture?

That "permission denied" error is strange... I feel like I've run into something like that when compiling ParaView before, but that was when it was generating the final application, not one of the supporting libraries, and it wasn't a CMake error...

Were you trying a fresh build directory during these last attempts? Sometimes something gets screwed up and it's better to start fresh after you have been having problems and changing configurations.

Hopefully it will be obvious to someone with more experience than I have.
-Eric