[vtkusers] VTK installation in osX

Tyler, Akemi akemi.tyler.80 at my.csun.edu
Thu Jun 24 15:15:41 EDT 2010

Hi vtk users,

I am trying to install VTK in my apple computer and experiencing a trouble.
I have OS10.6 and Python 2.6 in my computer.

I follow instructions on :
http://www.macresearch.org/installing_vtk_on_mac_os_x
and
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Cocoa_VTK

In addition to the changes on these web pages, I put:

//Build VTK examples.
BUILD_EXAMPLES:BOOL=ON

//Build Verdict with shared libraries.
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON

//For backwards compatibility, what version of CMake commands and
// syntax should this version of CMake try to support.
CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY:
STRING=2.4

//Minimum OS X version to target for deployment (at runtime); newer
// APIs weak linked. Set to empty string for default value.
CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET:
STRING=10.6

//Path to a program.
PYTHON_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/python2.6

//Wrap VTK classes into the Python language.
VTK_WRAP_PYTHON:BOOL=ON

//Wrap VTK classes into the TCL language.
VTK_WRAP_TCL:BOOL=ON

The error message I get in the building stage is:
[ 69%] Building CXX object
Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRenderingPythonD.dir/vtkRenderingPythonInit.cxx.o
Linking CXX shared library ../bin/libvtkRenderingPythonD.dylib
[ 69%] Built target vtkRenderingPythonD
make: *** [all] Error 2

I tried different versions of VTK and Python combination. But none of them
worked.
What would you suggest to fix this problem?