[vtkusers] vtkMarchingCubes->vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter->vtkCurvatures

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Thu Jun 24 14:52:56 EDT 2010

On 21/06/10 20:12:35, Liam Kurmos wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 5:45 PM,  <lynx.abraxas at freenet.de> wrote:
> > Hello Liam,
> >

> > I'm   not   an  expert  but  You  could  try  with  different  smoothers  like
> > WindowedSyncPolydataFilter. For that I know that  You  should  set  the  #  of
> > iterations  higher  (around  50)  and I don't think that for gaussian blobs it
> > makes sense to use a FeatureAngle.
> > Concerning the curvature filter You might be better of with  setting  a  local
> > reagion (bigger than the voxel size) in which the curvature is evaluated. That
> > way You might not need any smoothing at all if Your  blobs  are  sampled  fine
> > enough.  However  I'm  not  sure  if  vtkCurvatures allows to set such a local
> > reagion (I might have seen it in ITK).
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks Lynx. How do i set the local region size? i was thinking there
> must be something like this but could find anything in the class
> reference for vtkCurvatures.

I  can't  find  anything in the vtkCurvatures that allows You to set the local
reagion. I can't remeber where I came across a  curvature  filter  of  defined
local  reagions.  I  had  a  look in ITK but couldn't find it either. A have a
vague feeling that it was not called something with curvature in  its  name...
You could ask in the ITK mailinglist.

Sorry I can't be of any help here.
Lynx