[vtkusers] vtkImageReslice zoomed performance - no clipping?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 11:36:57 EDT 2010

Hi Henning,

The vtkImageReslice filter will clip the image if you call
SetOutputExtent(), or if you don't set the OutputExtent, then clipping
is done according the UpdateExtent set by the pipeline.  So those are
the only ways to change the clipping: either set it manually with
SetOutputExtent, or fiddle with the downstream filters to change the
UpdateExtent.

I've wanted to write an easier-to-use alternative to vtkImageReslice
for a very long time (there really isn't any way to make
vtkImageReslice "smarter" without breaking backwards compatibility in
one way or another).

   David