[vtkusers] Scalar data interpreted as 4 component color does not interprete the alpha value correctly

Barth, Sebastian sebastian.barth at iosb.fraunhofer.de
Wed Jun 23 03:35:56 EDT 2010

Hi Sebastian,

I've tried with and without peeling. The result is similar but changed a bit:
- The cluster of points (one Actor) seems to be darker than before
- The points in front of the plane seem to be in front of the plane not behind
- The points in front of the plane ignore the plane (not getting brighter)
- The points in front of the plane still get rendered correctly with its alpha value only if the plane behind them is NOT translucent

I've used this How-To:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/VTK/Depth_Peeling

It really seems to be an ordering problem. Any idea?

VTK makes me getting angry because of its bad documentation (even the books).

Thanks for any help!

Sebastian