[vtkusers] Volume Rendering with RGBA Dataset

Yi.Chen yi at sccn.ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 22 18:33:13 EDT 2010

Hi vtkusers,

	I'm new to vtk and I want to do the volume rendering with RGBA dataset. It's okay for me for dataset with only one scalar but I can't find a way to do it with 4 components. I've already tried the method mentioned in the previous article (set Independent ComponentsOff) but what I got is completely black. Does anyone have the solution for this? And I'm now reading data from a file in vtk format. I assign RGBA as one scalar with 4 components like

SCALARS unsigned_char 4
LOOKUP_TABLE default
0 0 0 1//p0
10 0 0 1//p1
0 0 0 1//Pn

Is that right? or I have to use COLOR SCALARS?

Appreciate your help, thank you,
Yi