[vtkusers] Extract a single slice using vtkImageReslice with SetOutputDimensionality(2)

Haiyong Xu haiyeong at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 11:21:41 EDT 2010

Hi List,

I want to vtkImageReslice to extract a single oblique slice with the
output dimensionality equals 2. But the problem is that in
vtkImageReslice, the output origin will be set to zero for the z-axis:
origin[2] = 0. Therefore, the extracted slice is not the one I wanted
(origin[2] != 0). Is there any way to extract a single slice with
origin in a specified location?

Note: use vtkImageReslice to reslice in 3D and use vtkExtractVOI to
extract a single slice is not an option because of the memory issue
(output of vtkImageReslice will occupy the same amount of memory as
the input image data ~400MB).

Regards,
Haiyong Xu