[vtkusers] recovering the Polydata

Giancarlo Amati ilferraresebono at hotmail.it
Tue Jun 22 10:44:50 EDT 2010

Hello everybody,

I am trying to retrieve the polydata linked to a particular actor. I have my actor saved in a list
I used the "GetMapper" function to get the pointer to a vtkMapper * and the I used
the function "IsA" to test if it is a vtkPolyDataMapper.
The IsA function returns true and I used

vtkPolyData *pd = mapper->GetInput();

to retrieve the polydata, but somehow I don't get anything reasonable and the number of vertices is 0.

is that the right way to retrieve a polydata from the pipeline?

Many thanks.
Giancarlo